Tuesday, February 28, 2006

FEAR


Another Day In Paradise
She calls out to the man on the street
"Sir, can you help me?It's cold and I've nowhere to sleep,
Is there somewhere you can tell me?"
He walks on, doesn't look backHe pretends he can't hear her
Starts to whistle as he crosses the street
Seems embarrassed to be there
Oh think twice, it's another day forYou and me in paradise
She calls out to the man on the street
He can see she's been cryingShe's got blisters on the soles of her feet
Can't walk but she's trying
Oh lord, is there nothing more anybody can do
Oh lord, there must be something you can say
You can tell from the lines on her face
You can see that she's been thereProbably been moved on from every place'
Cos she didn't fit in there
Oh think twice...

Written by babyface, stevie wonder (1997)
There was a girl I used to know
She was oh so beautiful.But she’s not here anymore
She had a college degree.Smart as anyone could be
She had so much to live forBut she fell in love
With the wrong kinda man.He abused her love and treated her so bad
There was not enough education in her world
That could save the life of this little girl
How come, how longIt’s not right, it’s so wrong
Do we let it just go onTurn our backs and carry on
Wake up, for it’s too late.Right now, we can’t wait
She won’t have a second try.Open up your hearts.As well as your eyes
She tried to give a cry for help.She even blamed things on herself
But no one came to her aid.Nothing was wrong as far as we could tell
That’s what we’d like to tell ourselves.But no, it wasn’t that way
So she fell in loveWith the wrong kinda man.And she paid with her life
For loving that man.So we cannot ignore
We must look for the signs.And maybe next time
We might save somebody’s life.I on occasion met that guy
He stirred up bad feelings deep inside.Something about him wasn’t right
The way he proves himself a man.By beatin’ his woman with his hands
Oh I wish she’d seen the light.How can someone like that
Call himself a man.In reality he’s far more less than that
And we cannot ignore.Whenever we see the signs’cause any kinda of abuse
God knows isn’t right
# @ # @ #
I was told many times that I have a 'good' heart. Too emotional. Too 'busybody'.
I was kind to 3 strangers for the past one week.
I did what I did only because I was alone and nobody would judge me.
No. I didn't do it to feel good or to fulfill some kind of charity gestures 'quota' I had imposed to myself.
I did what I did out of FEAR.
Fearful that my loved ones may be in their shoes one day.
Fearful that God would one day asked me WHY.

No comments: