Sunday, February 19, 2006

Economic Utility of Time

How do you measure time?

No, I mean, in self-gratifying terms.
How do most of us prioritize our daily tasks and duties to be fulfilled?

On Friday night, I was dead-due behind schedule to study for my Mid-term the next morning. But damn, my favourite sitcom, Arrested Development is on. Not to mention the modern adaptation of Great Expectations by Gwyneth Paltrow and Ethan Hawke.
I watched about 45 minutes of tv and tried to study till I fall asleep (which didn’t take long).

Woke up the next morning to do some last minute studying only to find myself paying attention to Babyface’s Best Hits’ lyrics more than the words from my notes that were supposed to be making sense to me.

Accidentally fell back to sleep. Fortunately, good old’ alarm clock woke me up. Panicked.

Me = JIE !!! Are we still on for the Sun’s ‘Know Your Loved Ones Contest’ or not?
Jie = *rubbing eyes. Still in transit from Dreamland* Err… Yeah.


Both sis and I rushed to get ready and got into the car in 15mins.

*In car*
Hun = You know, I spent more time remembering facts about you for the contest than I spent on my Midterm.
Jie = Oh, that’s bad.
Hun = Nah, it ain’t important. *explained the fraction of the marks it carries for my overall grade*
Jie = Oh, ok. *not convinced*
Hun = *feeling bad*
Jie = So, what time you coming to join me?
Hun = Exam finishes at 12noon but I’ll leave at 11+. I doubt I have anything to write.


Dropped sis off at 1 Utama and headed off to uni. Just as expected. I DID leave early. Joined sis in shopping complex. Browsed Tower Records. Listened to Stephanie Soong and MI2’s Daniel. Not bad. Had nice Italian Pasta. Bought UCB pants from Reject Shop for only RM15. Browsed MPH, ordered a book. Participated in the main agenda of the day – The Sun ‘s community contest; Know Your Loved Ones.

Sis forgot my favourite singer and the year I was born. We ended up at 5th place. Won nice pendant (sis’s), Adidas watch (only appropriate for dad), a bouquet of flowers (made mum really happy). And what I got? The priceless satisfaction of knowing I had used my time well.

Will keep you posted on my Midterm results. =p

1 comment:

Kahani said...

Oh HEY I was in One Utama then! Geez, never saw you.. = (