Friday, February 03, 2006

Written on Train


I regret not keeping all my writings from my past. Upon clearing my old files, I found a little piece of spiral notebook paper with my illegible scribblings on it.

Sitting on this train, the view reminds me
The good times I had with you aplenty
But I have to put them far from my heart
For reliving them, tears me apart
The promise I made and broke
Together with my dreams it took
How my heart aches you'll never know
For you have gone, I heard so

I congratulate you, you earn it, you worked hard,
I knew you had what it takes, I knew from the start
Oh no! Here's the KL train station
The same place where I was filled with exhilaration
You and I are like the interchange at KL Central
You went to university and I'm left to dawdle

Would you believe that I had cried uncontrollably
When I found out that to see you, there's no possibility
I write this down to put away
But along with the memories it will stay

This was written back in year 2002, May. I was on the commuter train.
Affections have changed of course, but the nostalgic feeling remains.

No comments: