Saturday, February 11, 2006

Jiejie

Common sense can’t be taught. We all know that.



*In car*.
Hun : You know, the SPP bookstore offers discount privileges for its members. 20% for novels, 10% for stationeries and the best part? 5% for mags! I mean, do u know any place that gives discount for mags? They only charge Rm15 for a lifetime-membership fee.

Jie : Aiyo, 5% only! How many mags will you buy in order to enjoy the discounts that can reimburse the membership fee? And, if you truly are a mag ardent reader, might as well subscribe straight from the mag itself. Not only do u get more discount, you also enjoy other privileges like gifts and special invites. Moreover, SPP only have 3 outlets! And they’ve just started. I doubt they’d outlive you.

Hun : ……………………..

Jie : You joined, didn’t you?

Hun : *stupid grin*

Jie : *Roll eyes, switch on radio*

My sister is indeed *what I always call her* a God-damn genius. She has taught me so many facts in life. She has started educating me since I had brain. The following are the indispensable knowledge she has imparted to me.

1 - Eating nose-boogie is good for health. (Wonder why this tops the list?)
2 - Plasticine is edible. The smelly-oily ones especially. The pungent smell is due to the highly concentrated nutrient contents.
3 - Pregnancy is the result of accumulated indigested watermelon seeds.
(But I came to this world differently. Ma found me in the dumpster and generously took me home).
4 - Mothers have magical instincts to locate their children’s whereabouts. So, it’s absolutely alright to wander off in shopping complexes.
5 - It is NOT illegal to take anything that has no price tag out of the shop.
6 - Phone numbers with the digit [0] cost more.
7 - Jumping is the best exercise to accelerate the development of breast during puberty.

Another conversation with Jie. Jie was patiently and tirelessly trying to explain something to me. (You know, like how Bart Simpson was trying to explain how fire works to his father, Homer)

Hun : Jie, I’m so blessed to have a patient kindergarten teacher like you to be my Jie Jie. I mean, you’ve been trained to communicate with 5-year-olds. Your explanation skill suits my mentally. *smiling in manja way*
Jie : I teach 4 -year-olds.

No comments: