Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Blur Blur Burger

BLUR -courtesy of urbandictionary.com

1) Malaysian slang for ignorance/being ignorant of something.
"You're so blur." - by
wayfarer Aug 24, 2003
2) This word is used on internet to express feelings over something of disliking or a mistake inadvertantly done. Could be further expressed harder by using additional 'r' like blurr or blurrr.
blurrr! (what have i done OR what the hell was that?) - by
Ink_Pot Apr 15, 2005
3) Hun ; author of cendolais.blogspot.com

I have solid past experience and testimonials to back up my title.

  • a good friend told me that when she first met me in orientation, she thought I was Japanese because I was very quiet and had looked so BLUR, as if I had no idea what was going on.
  • I was working in a Japanese restaurant and taking down orders from a group of English-speaking Chinese customers. As I was waiting for them to decide if there is anything more to add, the customer looked at me with a concerned expression. ''Do you understand English?"
  • I was heading towards the canteen with friends when a friendly girl who was walking the opposite direction waved and smiled at us. I smiled back, and commented to my friend, "Very friendly hor, that lenglui. Don't know us also smile." My friend looked at me . "She's our classmate lar, Doink!!" Erm, that happened on the last semester of the course.
  • as we are sipping our overpriced coffee, my friend commented how good looking those guys who just walked passed us looked. She= "check out his hair, his baju, aiyo.. when he smile got dimple some more". Me = "ha? Got people walked passed us just now ah?"
  • F asked me about the assignment that is about to due and her train of articulated words was just "a?b?c?d?e?f?g?h?" to my understanding. She must have thought I was listening intently but all that was going through my head was, - "We have an assignment?"
  • A lecturer asked me, "How are you today?" I nonchalantly answered, "Yes." - with a bright smile.

Miraculously, there are STILL some people who think I'm 'smart'. Like in yesterday's tutorial, we were given a 'hand-in-by-end-of-class' assignment to do. My classmates were impressed that I had voraciously written down a page long of 'critical' comment and was the first to hand in. What they didn't know was that I didn't give a hoot about the marks allocated for it. I was merely motivated by the , "You can leave as soon as you hand in" quote. Yeah, I can beat the jam and watch that 5 o'clock Singaporean drama!

A friend asked me if I'd be interested to be a political journalist. Oh, this friend was dead serious.

I was like, "what? why would you think I'd be?"

She= Well, you seemed well-versed in current issues and have a flair for words.

Me= Izit? ( *floating on air* / head also quite swollen ) No lar. I'm just a slut for information. I'll read anything that is available.

She= You know, it's not always good to be SO well-informed. Sometimes, the phrase, 'Ignorance is bliss' is quite applicable in life.

Me= *shocked* but.... Isn't life about pursuing what we have the potential to possess?

## Awkward silence ##

Me= Oh , look.. there's [name] ! Let's join her.

## Subject ended abruptly ##