Monday, February 27, 2006

Not so NICE day

Today is one of those ‘not so good days’.

Day begun with me walking around the neighbourhood early in the morning at 7 am to seek for a potential newspaper vendor.

My previous vendor’s working hours apparently were according to Moscow’s time zone.
Also, he loves to test my mind to calculate all the probability of the delivered-newspaper’s location around my house.

It could be on top of the postbox, in between the gates of OTHER neighbours, in the garden, the other garden OUTSIDE, under the car or precariously balancing beside the longkang.

I was graciously patient until I had to sidai my newspaper twice due to the vendor’s incapability to calculate profound physics equation to toss the newspaper further into the house on raining days.

Back to my story, I walked around the neighbourhood. Chirpily greeting my fellow neighbours in various dialects and languages. Caught a few houses which HAD newspaper on their porch. So I very courageously rang their bell or shouted for attention. Very disheartened that some of them were very rude. Must have thought that I’m some kind of VERY early riser and hardworking but poorly dressed door-to-door salesgirl who starts her sales pitch by,
“Morning, I live behind you. I’m looking for a newspaper vendor. Can you recommend yours to me?”
**Rolling eyes. Mumble mumble**.
# # # #

Was in the government hospital again to finish up some paper work. My heart broke when I saw an elderly woman who had obviously lost her mind. She was talking to herself but I was comforted to know that her love ones were there to take care of her.

As I was waiting for my turn, I approached a little 3-year-old Malay boy who didn’t mind me joining him in the children’s play area. He had the brightest eyes. My handy Ricola’s sugar free sweets and my McDonald’s stamper gained his trust immediately.
When we parted, he had eaten at least (counting with fingers) 12 of my sweets and his arms were covered with the stamper’s green ink.

# # # #
Today’s tutorial sucked big time. My UM-masters-degree-holder-in-Political Science tutor didn’t show up, again. According to replacement tutor, he has requested us to do the hand-in-by-end-of-tutorial work again. He ain’t happy with our first attempt.

I asked the replacer the following;
@What are the specific deficits and dissatisfaction areas of the previous work?
@where are our previous presumably marked work
@Why isn’t the UM-masters-degree-holder-in-Political Science Holiness tutor around?


The poor lady couldn’t give me a satisfactory answer. Hell, she couldn’t even give me a properly constructed, grammatically-error-free sentence.

I was pizzled. (learned from Time – combination of pissed and puzzled)

"If Mr C feels I’m not worthy of his time, then I feel THIS assignment is NOT worthy of MY time. "

Wahl au, then I oh-so-very-gaya’ly walked out of the door. Only then, I started to rethink.


Oh shit, Hun. What have you done?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. wow. somehow, this reminds me of the time you had a certain argument with another lecturer in another time. =P

Lisa.

Anonymous said...

WoooHoooo!!! You GO GURLLL!! Woot!! Wooot!!

Anonymous said...

WoooHoooo!!! You GO GURLLL!! Woot!! Wooot!!