Wednesday, February 22, 2006

5 cents a Word

I finally have the book, Good Will Hunting - A Screenplay.

There is no rationale behind this purchase. It's purely emotional.

I roughly calculated the average number of words on one page and multiply the total number of pages.

Results? = almost 5 cents A WORD

Yes. No doubt it's bloody expensive. But the satisfaction of reading this over and again is simply priceless.. yeah,, I know. Sucker for ad taglines


**Please read this slowly, very slowly. If not, please don't bother at all**

If I asked you about art, you could give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo - Life's work, criticisms, political aspirations.
But you couldn't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling.
And if I asked you about women, I'm sure you could give me a syllabus of your personal favourites, and maybe you've been laid a few times, too.
But you couldn't tell me how it feels to wake up next to a woman and be truly happy.
If I asked you about war, you could refer me to a bevy of fictional and nonfictional material, but you've never been in one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap and watched him draw his last breath, looking to you for help.
And if I asked you about love, I'd get a snoonet,
but you've never looked at a woman and been truly vulnerable. Known that someone could kill you with a look. That someone could rescue you from your grief. That God had put an angel on earth just for you.
And you wouldn't know how it felt to be her angel.
To have the love to be there for her forever.
Throught anything, through cancer.
You wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in a hospital room for two months holding her hand and not leaving because the doctors could see in your eyes that the term visiting hours didn't apply to you.
And you wouldn't know about real loss, because that only occurs when you lose something you love more than youself, and you've never dared to love anything that much.
I look at you and I don't see an intelligent, confident man.
.... There's nothing you can tell me that I can't read somewhere else. Unless we talk about your life.
-excerpts from Good Will Hunting - A Screenplay (pg 71) - Damon;Affleck.
God Damn It!! I have midterms tomorrow and all I can think about right now is Matt Damon. Argh!!!!!!!!
PS: For those who know me personally, don't bother asking me to loan you the book. I need to get it insured first. =P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

both of them won a oscar

Anonymous said...

hi hun. about finding out the readership of ur blog, i think it's possible. i read some other blogs and they have been able to find out how many ppl read their blogs. i'm not sure how they do it. and i also keep reading the word 'technorati' a lot. maybe it's connected. blogspot may be able to help u. see if u can contact them via e-mail and ask. -jobina

Anonymous said...

hi sweetheart, you're not loaning it to ANYONE??

not even meee??? =)

Lisa. (the *foreword* one) =)

Anonymous said...

hi sweetheart, you're not loaning it to ANYONE??

not even meee??? =)

Lisa. (the *foreword* one) =)