Sunday, February 05, 2006

''Excellent"

Lately, I have been very nostalgic about the papers I keep in my 'file'.

"Excellent" - this was marked on my paper written back when I was forced to write a short essay in class on an allocated time. This is part of the essay.

###############################
"I have a dream." was the essence of Martin Luther King's impactful and historical speech. He was a great believer in dreams and with that speech delivered, many believed in him too. It is indeed true that as a civilized human being, it's absolutely necessary for us to have dreams, ambitions, a path to take us to where we believe we are destined to be.

My dream is to be able to keep an optimistic mind. Optimism is important because with that state of mind, I am ready to face any obstacles in life.With that, I'm sure to succeed. I do not define success by the acquisition of property, career nor education. But by the condition of my heart. As long as I know that I've tried my best to do things right, I have succeeded.

My dream is to be able to feel safe at home, to work enthusiastically in a meaningful cause, to readily embrace challenges, to laugh as often as I can, to cry only when I'm touched, and to remain fearfully faithful the the One Creator. I hope to continue keeping my dreams through the condition of my heart and mind because what is unseen is eternal.
##################################

BUT >>> that's NOT why I had kept this essay..
come on lar.. you think I really believe or practise what I wrote ah? I'm way too materialistically shallow man... I just wanted to quickly finish this damn work and read my book (back in that class). Fortunately, my BS was well received by the teacher...BUT she made me stand in class and read it out loud. DAMN!

ahem, back to WHY I had kept this piece of work. BECAUSE.... a dear friend of mine passed a little note to me with these scribblings just minutes after I sat down. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner to illustrate her beautiful handwritting and the cute flowery piece of paper she used.

**Han, that piece was really good. So good, I wished it was written by me.[ cute smiley face] . It was spontaneous and straight right from the heart and that's what makes the reader and listener feel the same zeal as you. So, here's an encouragement, always smile from your heart coz it reflects you. Love, [signed name]
**

Damn, now I feel really guilty. But hey! This blog entry (hopefully she reads it coz I've given her the add SO many times) will find a way to her heart and forgive me. ^_^

No comments: