Thursday, February 09, 2006

Nice day

Yesterday (wed) was such a happy day for me.

  • I DID wake up on time. Even had sufficient time to bathe, wash hair and joke with sis.
  • The flow of traffic was miraculously bearable. All the music played on radio was more than agreeable.
  • I found parking!
  • I was NOT late for tutorial.
  • There was an abandoned The Sun newspaper for me to devour.
  • I teased F about her huge file she has chosen to hand in for her assignment.

*The following had taken place in Mandarin.
Me : Wah Lau! Why do u always need to ‘stand out’ wan? Ms A said use ‘any’ type of cheap file and u are using this? *Holding her ring holder file to her face.*
F: *Blushing as usual* No…. I don’t have any other files at home.
Me : *Holding my poor ‘twice-hand me down’ file, rubbing the stained cover, talking to my file* - “it’s ok… don’t feel bad.”

The tutorial was painlessly boring and it ended quickly.

Had just enough time to go to canteen and had my favourite chicken and potato in sweet sauce economical rice with mmmmm.. my lovely Justea.
after class, F asked me

“Are u finished with that?”pointing at the can of Justea I had deliberately left under my chair in class.
*embarrassed* "Yes and I’m about to put it into the bin."
“Can u give it to me?”
In my musty head, “wah, is she trying to give me another one of those ‘Hun, u are a bad girl’ message?”
Hun:“I’m really going to throw it away, properly”
F:“I recycle cans”
in musty head, “so do I, Im the ‘standing upright in beauty queen poised’ world peace girl.”
H:“You want to take this home?”
F:“Yeah”

F is indeed the pragmatic version of ‘standing upright in beauty queen poised’ world peace girl. Isn’t she simply sweet?
Oh! I just heard the most fabulous news! She’s currently (in the second month phase) dating a TV3 producer! Eeeeeee!!! My Gwyneth Paltrow is ‘pak toh-ing’!
I’ve never been so delighted since.. since.. since.. (looking up in ceiling reminiscing) I discovered Konyaku jelly on the buffet table last week!
That explains the sudden change into the more feminine clothes.*ahem* (according to the modern day fashion)
No wonder she giggles in the most boring lectures…. *snicker*

After class, I visited my (strictly forbidden by therapist) bookstores. Bought Angels and Demons; Never Let Me Go; A Fine Balance
Was greeted by a very cheerful cashier.
Eyes peering at the bookshelf behind her.
“Is that Calvin and Hobbes collection series?”
“Yes. Would u like to have a look?”
*as eager as puppy*, “Yes, please.”
As I carefully turn the pages, “How much is this?”
"Rm600.95 "
I extra extra carefully handed back the book to her.


Next stop, McDonald’s! (yes. I support modern day imperialism)
I purchased my Hello Kitty chop chop! Er.. what is the right name? Stamper?

Went into another (strictly forbidden by therapist) bookstore.
Ah! Ha Jin has a new book! And it’s in the 3 for 2 section. But why oh why the rest of the books in the compartment are chic books which have identical words like dates, men, diaries, shoes, shopping, women, kisses, romance .. etc..?
I circled the display table TWICE. Nope, I can’t do this to myself. I left my Ha Jin behind.

AH!!! Terry McMillan has a new book! And the cover design suck big time! Oh well, will rather wait for the second publication.
Walked over to the “Value Buys” compartment. Left the bookstore with
Hannibal; Sherlock Holmes collection; Margaret Atwood.

I was very tempted to purchase all three of the Hornby books; - About a Boy, High Fidelity and Fever Pitch, all wrapped up in plastic for the price at Rm14.90. But I already have the first one, read two/out of three of them....erm...this is why my therapist forbids me to come here.

As I was searching for my car in the parking lot, wow! A black Nissan sportscar! I 'kaypo -ed' around the car. Along came the security guard.

*nervously* ''Tengok saja''

Security guard with baton was approaching even faster.

Run!!


Came home and watched my 5 o’clock Singaporean drama.


Sis came back and we went to 1 Utama for dinner and “Keeping Mum”
The Nasi Pattaya I had was fabulous! Laughed like a hyena throughout the movie.

It was a great day.

No comments: