Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I hear ya, sista!

Just finished watching the Hong Kong movie, Initial D. Yeah, I know, I should be sleeping now, it’s way past my bedtime and I have to wake up real early tomorrow. But I must do this. Heck I won’t even stay up a minute late past my bedtime for finals, but this is different. I’m doing this for myself. No one else. Just me.

At the end of the movie, as Jay Chou so suavely drove away his car, his gf’s advice is still lingering in my head.

Find your own world, then you will find yourself” For Jay Chou, his world was of course, car racing.

Like the rest of the world, I have my own battles to fight everyday. The normal routine battles, the periodical battles and the worst of all, the battle that is within me.

I’m now asking myself, “Where is MY world?”

Another movie comes to mind – Beautiful Boxer (funny, most of the movies I like have the word ‘beautiful’)
The main character was asked, “Is it harder to be a man or to be a woman?”
The ex-boxer answered, “The hardest part was to remember what I want to be.”

The saint who had witnessed the core meaning of inadequacy, Mother Theresa said, “The greatest poverty of all, is to feel unwanted

Many people asked me why I have pledged my undying allegiance to Adeline YenMah’s book, Falling Leaves. Because it was the first book which had affirmed with me, that there is nothing wrong with me. What happened to me wasn’t my fault. Not only that I’m ok, but that it can even get better. Sometimes, even the smartest people search the entire universe for this answer.

In Good Will Hunting, Matt Damon's wilful character was finally touched by Robbin William's psychologist character when he said, " It wasn't your fault." Again, RWilliams looked deep into MDamon's eyes and said, "It wasn't your fault."
I had / have nobody to tell me this. Luckily I read / watched it.

Oprah Winfrey was asked why she started a book club of her own. She answered that books had dramatically changed her life completely.
In my darkest moment, I knew there was a way out. I knew there was another kind of life because I had read about it. Reading gave me a sense of value, and it was the only time I felt loved.”

I hear ya, sista!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Yet ah! why should they know their fate?
Since sorrow never comes too late,
And happiness too swiftly flies.
Thought would destroy their paradise.
No more; where ignorance is bliss,
'Tis folly to be wise."