Wednesday, February 01, 2006

That's Me! That's Me!


Have you heard of the phrase, "People never grow up, they just learn how to behave in public"?

I posted my review on my favourite book, the one I'm nobly waiting to purchase at a ridiculously cheap price.

The following is my contribution to Mixfm's book forum. Yup, that's me, that's me!

[cendolabc ] says of "Bound Feet & Western Dress " i have read it 4 times and wouldn't be surprised if i'd pick it up again! written by her brother's granddaughter, it'the testimony of Chang Yu-I, the first woman to be divorced the western way in China, albeit it her unwilling choice to be separated by her famous scholar husband, Hsu Chih Mo. It's a true story of how a Chinese lady had struggled to maintain the propriety values in the midst of modernization at the turn of the century. you will find many interesting quotes in this book. a must read for those who wish to understand the Confucius -Chinese way of thinking.Posted on: : 9/17/2004

No comments: