Thursday, March 02, 2006

History in Making

I ponteng-ed today.

I skipped a mid-term, two-hours of lecture and one and a half hour of tutorial.

It’s my futile attempt of a solitary silent protest of incompetent education system in Malaysia. *nodding head, eyes looked down and lips pressed*

I watched Casanova last night and was too tired to wake up early this morning.

My day started at 11am.
  • Drove to 1 Utama
  • watched Pink Panther
  • found out that I could watch King Kong and Syriana tomorrow for Rm5 each
  • bought book from TIMES
  • offered to lend books to a lady stranger who was found browsing Farish Noor’s books
  • drove to The Curve
  • ate Ikea’s Hotdog
  • bought watch for myself
  • bought birthday gift for sis
  • bought vcds and Phil Collins’ HITS (which I’m currently enjoying).

My patience with customer service was once again tested today.

I was queuing behind a nice chap in the post office of Ikano.

Puzzled why there isn’t anybody behind the stamp counter.

Asked chap.

Chap explained that he has been waiting for the lady to return back to her desk for the past 10 mins.
Waited along with nice chap for another 3 mins.
Patience draining.

No, Hun. Not this time. Be NICE. BE a nice young lady.
Be a nice submissive, demure and sweet nice young Asian lady.

Clock on wall clicking.

Silently prayed the Serenity Prayer
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept things I can’t change,
Courage to change things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Ahem, not working. Prayed again.

And again.
Volcano exploded.


Confronted the male staff.

“Kamu punya rakan sekerja (pointing at the empty seat) sudah pengsan kat dalam ah? #looking sarcastically concerned#”
“Dia ada hal kat dalam”
“Kita disini pun ada hal!" (finger pointing at the people in queue)
“Kalau you tak boleh tunggu, you ambil nombor lar”

@He is suggesting that I take a number and join the rest of the *about 12 people who wish to pay bills and renewing license* crowd IF I wish to be attended. Never mind the fact that I merely wanted to buy stamps and there IS supposedly a special counter for this transaction.


3 seconds to reset my composure and refrain myself from pulling his lapel across the counter.

I looked at him and very loudly,
“Ya. Itu dia! Kekalkan semangat Malaysia Boleh!” (Thrusting my left fist to the air to add drama)

I walked out of the post office.

I’ve been a bad girl again today. Played truant and lost my temper again. =(

All of a sudden. A quote from Men of Honor ; Robert DeNiro and Cuba Gooding Jr came to mind.

History are made by men who break the rules.

*Snickering* yuk - yuk -yuk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah gurl ur made of gutsy stuff weih! i salute you!

Anonymous said...

try this:
youre studying a technical course. lets say some obscure science which only datuks daughters or fishermans sons can hope to learn, (either because theyre too rich, or theyre too smart (hence both being equally politically stupid))

but somehow,..YOU! you have to somehow attend 3 credits worth of classes that is in its best can and should only be regarded as arbitration of human stupidity (or randomness), this non science science of humananities, its called EMMMMANAGEMENT, lug around some thick management book that tells you about soft skills and what right words to say to placate people who are removed from you, socially, intellectually, biologically (the stupids, and dumbasses)...
..
oh wait i had a point.
hmm too long of a story to put in a comment, ah well thats operatic half-exposition for you.