Monday, March 06, 2006

Gay friends Needed

I joked the last time that I would have to eat bread for the rest of the week after my frenzied shopping at the MPH warehouse sale two weeks ago.

Today, after yet another craze at the TIMES warehouse clearance; I think I can only afford to drink plain water for the rest of the week.

Plain boiled water from home.

I have serious issues man. Does anybody know any ACBOS (abnormal-compulsive-book-ownership-syndrome) support group around Klang Valley?
** # # # # # # * *


This Sunday has been the most fanstastic. Met up with my good friend, M. She introduced me to RLM, Real Love Ministry which counsels homosexuals who seek help from Christian brothers and sisters.

The group of people I encountered were truly amazing. The co-founder of the ministry and speaker of the day, Edmund was fabulous. His communicating skills beat any of my overvalued educators in my university in a heartbeat.

Thanks to him, I now understand the divisions of one’s sex life; which comprises the

  • organ itself,
  • orientation and
  • lifestyle.

How they are all interrelated and inter-influential but NOT necessarily inter-dependent and may also stand on its own.

Edmund also helped me understand the different opinions about how the hormones/mind OR the lifestyle is usually blamed for homosexuality. He concluded that in the end, it’s like arguing the ‘chicken and egg’ theory. There is no ending.

The best part was when we were divided into smaller groups for a more personal discussion. I was so vocally-opinionated that my members abruptly asked, “Are you gay?”.

They were not persuaded that I don’t have a personal experience on such delicate matter that they went on, “Do you have any family members who are gay?” and later persisted, “Do you have any close friends who are gay?”. "Then, why are you Here?"

Darn. Does that mean that my opinion is less credible?


Please. Gay friends urgently needed.

1 comment:

Nobody said...

I love buying friends lunch... but I realised you are kinda far from where I am....

Good luck!!!