Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dumb and Dumberer

Apparently, I react better towards criticisms than compliments. Why is it that I only get compliments like,
  • “You look really nice in this”
  • “You should wear clothes like this more often”
when I wear the clothes of NOT my choice?

I was telling HW that I was going to meet this guy who I have a girlie crush on. Her well-meaning advice –
“Borrow clothes from your sister.”

# @ # @ #

I was telling an Internet friend my frustration towards a particular lecturer. He asked, “Oh, was that what you wrote about in your blog?”
Me : Hell no! I won’t waste my time writing about her.

Today, I changed my mind. That B**** went a little too far in yesterday’s lecture. She was presumably teaching us about globalization.

In the most boring ‘pasar-malam-aunty’ voice imaginable.

" You all know what globalization is all about, right? News that happen in US, we get it here. McDonalds, hypermarkets, Mercedes, you all know where Naza cars come from? Good.
Now, there are pros and cons of globalization. The pros, efficiency, more profit.. Cons? *Silence* You think about it."

That was the last phrase I remember from her before I turned to another exciting page from Thomas Friedman’s The World is Flat. I was very fascinated of his analyses that the globalization had begun the day Columbus had proven that the world is indeed round. Friedman explained the 3 eras of globalization, which the third is currently shaping as we speak.
Amazing. That was only TWO pages of his first chapter. This knowledge cost me virtually nothing.

And I’m force to listen to this obviously unfulfilled woman who feels we are all indebted to her for her mere existence.
My head rose from my book.

"You know why you all say this faculty is under-developed? Because we have under-developed students like you.
She walked to the back of the lecture, closer to me.
May I know why are you all talking? Here I am trying to give my lecture and you are all talking. Always talking, talking, talking. If you all know about globalization, FINE. But do you?
Some of you don’t even come to lecture, and you expect me to allow you to take the exam?"

(Unsatisfactory attendance will unable the student to take exam).
Her Ass-Holiness decides.

I’m thinking. Who’s dumber? She, being paid to be here. Or ME, paying to be here.
Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAH right on sista!

Anonymous said...

HAHAH right on sista!