Monday, March 06, 2006

Familiarity

# The best treasures found,
are the treasures we don't seek. #
(--I made this up while driving, clever or not? hehehe)

I stumble upon this quote when I was in Borders.
When I get a little money, I buy books.
And if there is any leftover, I buy food.
~~~Desiderius Eramus.
Now, I can feel less guilty about splurging on books.
# # # # #
Watched Constant Gardener. There was one scene where Rachel Weisz wanted to give two Africans a ride to save them from a torturous 40km journey on foot. Her husband Ralph Fiennes refused.
RF: There are millions of them here. We can't help them all. We can't put their lives into ours.
RW:We can help this one.
RF: I'm sorry, but I have to put my priorities right.
Ralph stepped on the pedal and sped off. Rachel looked at the Africans with a longingly guilty expression.
The scene seems disturbingly familiar.

No comments: