Thursday, May 22, 2014

You know that scene in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" where Ben Stiller took a very long time to muster courage to click on the 'send wink' icon to Cheryl Melhoff?
I reenacted that scene.

After our last meeting, I wasn't sure if I should ask CLY out.
I was still guessing his thoughts through his very impressive lecture about taking life easy.
In my mind, "So... does that mean he still wants to see me ?
 Or, he appreciates my honesty and he's wishing me good luck?
So, I was really struggling.
So much that I had to consult a friend via online chat.
She gave me the Green light.
Clicked send.
Then I continued doing my work, *Yes, guilty of doing personal things during work-time.
And pretended that I'm not noticing the 2 long minutes that have passed.
Toot toot!
He replied.
"Sure, DimSum for breakfast this Saturday?"
I was THRILLED!
It was so obvious that my colleague beside me could guess what's going on.
Well, I'm a very transparent person too.
I was grinning from ear to ear at the monitor.
My colleague was amused.
"Dang. I wish I'm dating someone too....," she teased.

No comments: