Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Living with cancer means living. Cancer is part of my life now. But that doesn’t mean it is my life.
 It’s sort of like traffic — an unpleasant reality that is usually manageable but can be hugely disruptive. 
Some days I just have to accept that it’s a day for the slow lane. But most days I pull on my big girl pants (mine have black sequins), rev the engine, and hit the gas. Radio cranked to 11. Singing at the top of my lungs.

“I do believe that if you take fear out of the equation, even a little bit,” she says in that talk (below), “it enables you to see more clearly, make better decisions and, in some small degree, feel like you’re controlling something that is uncontrollable.”



I really do appreciate this video below.
We have some good days, some bad days, some better, some really bad, but they all will come to pass.

"My husband Harlan took a picture of my face every day for a year, starting on the day I was diagnosed with lung cancer. This video is comprised of those images. "I Seem to Have Cancer Today," is sung by my brother Lawrence Glass, co-written by Lawrence and me. The video was produced by my brother-in-law Joel Cohen" ......................... Jennifer Glass

No comments: