Saturday, May 03, 2014

The date with CLY was disasterous
The appointment was at 12.30pm at a shopping complex’s coffee shop.
We live 44km (like a marathon =p) apart and he was thoughtful enough to agree on a place that is more geographically convenient for me.
I was in the complex as early as 10.30am as I wanted to shop a little.
Parking was easy as there weren’t many shoppers this early.
But CLY wasn’t aware of this shopping complex parking’s acute congestion on a public holiday afternoon. (He later told me how rude the other drivers were, had no regard for basic courtesy, and was almost challenged into a fight for a parking spot.)

So,  I was left waiting for him in the coffee shop for two hours as he was stuck in the parking basement, before he called me to request for a change of venue.
When I drove out of the building, I was stuck in the jam as I had no other route option but to take the congested highway.  He reached the reassigned venue place much earlier than me as he could take the smaller roads in the housing area.
Hence, we only managed to meet at 4pm.
Both of us were really drained from all the stressful congestion and were yawning quite a bit throughout the entire chat.

I have met him 4 times prior to this date and I can say that CLY isn’t a hunk at all. (OK, this statement sounds too judgmental hence I need to add that I’m no looker myself.)
But there’s a point to this cruel description.
As I was listening intently to his work and study stories, I caught a different glimpse of him.
For that millisecond, I thought he looked quite nice.
Just for that millisecond.
Then there was another millisecond.
For that TWO whole millisecond, I thought he looked handsome.
OMG. What’s happening?
Was it an imprint? Like in Twilight series?
Ok, I added that part just for laughs. I’m not that silly.

But something did happen.

No comments: