Friday, May 16, 2014

I seriously have trouble parting with my things which had served me well.
I'm too sentimental.

I have been wearing this pair of shoes for almost a year.
A lot of people had given their unsolicited opinion that it's too old fashioned and it's not suitable for me.
"But it's so comfortable !" - my usual retaliation.

As you can see in the pic above, the heel is worn out and I needed to get a new pair.
I bought 'safe' choice -a pair of black loafers.
I told the retail assistant not to bag it as I'm going to wear it immediately.
Just as I was about to throw away my previous pair, I sat at the bench and decided to put it on one last time, as seen above.
Gosh ! It's still so much more comfortable compared to the new one.
We have been together for so long, inevitably it has shaped into my feet.
I couldn't throw it away just yet.
I went back to the store to get a bag for the new pair.
My old shoes is still with me.
=)
I'm just not ready to say goodbye.

No comments: