Saturday, May 17, 2014

He had to pick the BBQ Korean restaurant where the booths are closely connected.
I was hoping for a quieter environment.
I'm not comfortable having to speak so loud and having unwilling audience around me.
Sigh.
We had small talks.
30 minutes into dinner- I was looking at my plate.
"Why? You're sleepy?", he asked.
"No. I don't know how to start."

He looked at me intently.
I was relieved that he was well aware what is troubling me.
I took a deep breath and started.
It felt the same way how I had fumbled my public speaking during school.
I was stuttering.
I was at lost for words too many times.
But he remained patient and waited for me to finish.
Then, he shared a lot about living in the present and not worrying too much into the future as it's out of our hands.
He even gave several real-life-cases to illustrate his point.
For that, I'm very glad.

CLY, I'm very grateful to you.
I really admire your maturity.
You have taught me a lot.
I'm glad to have met you.

My sis asked me, "So, no more dates after this?"
"I don't know. But thanks to him, I'm really not going to stress about it."
"I'm just going with the flow."
Best part?
 I really meant it.

No comments: