Saturday, May 31, 2014



"Depression doesn't just affect your mood, it warps your thoughts and perception of life."
"I get into this state of self-loathing...sorta mentally poaching myself, asking why aren't you better at life, why are you such a terrible person?"
"I don't actually want to kill myself, I just don't want to have to feel this way anymore."

"I started focusing on a routine, making sure I slept enough, recognizing when I'm starting to fall again"
"The more self-aware you become, the more you understand what's going on. It doesn't mean you can stop it, but you can look out for yourself better."
"It's part of me but I'm not going to let it control me."
"I'm so determined to not let it beat me that I try a lot of harder in other aspects in my life."

"Ask for help. You are not alone."
"There are a lot of people battling with depression, mental illness than you realized, they just don't talk about it."
"Find an outlet to express yourself."
"Don't forget what an achievement it is when you do get up, go out, even if it's just a 5-minute walk, meeting those little goals are just as important as the big ones."
"You just have to take it to your own pace, you will get there eventually."

No comments: