Friday, April 18, 2014

Incident ONE
I was chatting with an academic staff from the Creative Design faculty.
We were talking about our bodies and she brought up an incident that happened during her pregnancy.
"Oh, how old is your baby now?", I asked.
"She was a stillborn."
"Oh...*awkward silence* I'm sorry."
"It's ok."
Of course it's not ok. 
But I find it's so ironic that she has to say that so that I can feel better.

Incident TWO
YL was sharing her difficulties in maintaining a healthier complexion.
I stared at her face and I had to agree, it IS serious.
"How was your skin back when you were a teenager?" *coz seriously, I've not seen breakouts like this since secondary school.
"It has been like this all this while. It was slightly better when I was in Uni. I think it was because I was really happy back then. Now, I'm burdened with too much stress."
YL has a boss well-known for her pettiness.
Furthermore, YL is currently pursuing her Masters and she has family dependants too.

Incident THREE
I bumped into Dr.C at the canteen.
She looked paler and thinner.
I asked LC if her son is getting better.
LC shook her head.

There is much sorrow around me.
And I was actually feeling sad this morning.
Hmmm....

No comments: