Wednesday, April 09, 2014

My current Office ID photo was taken in 2009.
When the Corporate department announced that they are changing the company's logo a month ago, immediately I had the intention of submitting my latest photo to the HR department ,as they will be reissuing new ID cards for all staff.
My new photo is much nicer as not only had I lost a lot of weight, I looked very happy .
My smile was genuine.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of procrastination.
Mostly because I really dislike the HR staff who is in charge of this matter.
So today when my colleague handed me the new ID, I was terribly disappointed that unlike the rest of the HR matters, this staff decided to be prompt on this task.
I heaved a big sigh of disappointment.

I showed my ID to all the newer staff who have never seen my chubbier side.
They were all shocked.
Some were polite enough not to laugh, though I wouldn't have mind.

Then, I stared at my ID reflectively.
"What is so bad about this photo?'', I asked myself.
It IS me after all.
Why can't I love this photo?
I continued to stare.
My feelings began to change.
Perhaps it is a good idea to keep this photo as my ID card.
I must accept EVERYTHING about me, including bad photos.
I love me.

No comments: