Saturday, April 12, 2014

“OMG. What is she doing?”
Only when I finished my sentence did I realise there were many other people watching as well.
Iy, who was beside me, gave me a puzzled look. She was staring at L long before I came in.
The students were watching L too.
L was standing conspicuously at the centre of the room giggling to herself. Her muscle spasms were worse than before.
I clicked my tongue and sighed. “She’s getting worse. No matter what, we have known each other for 4 years. It’s hard not – NOT to care.”
Iy gave me a worried expression of empathy.

L had wronged me several times in the past.
I’m not sure if it’s common office politics or mere character flaw on her part.
I can’t help but wonder if this is karma.'
Don’t get me wrong. I'm not putting on the ‘holier than thou’ masquerade. I’m sure my own heaps of bad karma debts will pounce on me soon enough.

Looking at L, it’s a frightening reminder that anything can happen to us.
Anything.

No comments: