Thursday, February 13, 2014

L, my colleague hasn't been doing well for the past few months.
I noticed that she'd laugh awkwardly by herself very often, giving solid ingredients for the other colleagues to gossip.
She has involuntary muscle spasms too.
I have been successful in keeping my distance from her hence, I had battled with myself if I should talk to her, you know, be the 'bigger' person.

I even consulted my colleagues who are also my friends.
They all know the background story.
The tougher friend said, "Here, drink this ice water to freeze your conscience enough to leave her be."
The more empathetic ones just kept quiet.

Today, I relented and talked to her.
Just as I had suspected -she's suffering from the side effects of the psychotropic drugs that she has been taking for years.
She's still very much lucid and coherent.
Just 10 minutes into conversation -Yup, we can't be friends.

Still, can't help but feel sorry for her.
I sincerely hope she'd get better soon.

No comments: