Saturday, February 01, 2014

Yikes, I really need to get a smartphone because I really wish I had taken a photo to provide illustration to enhance this story I'm about to tell.

I was at McDonald's for breakfast.
I noticed an old man preparing whom I presumed to be his wife, out from the car.
It was his gentleness in his movement that caught my attention.
There was no form of haste nor uneasiness in the way he was wheeling his wife to the McD.

The next time I looked at him, he was steadily counting the coins to pay the cashier.
Upon my next glance, the old couple was already eating their big breakfast, while having a real face to face conversation.
I also noticed that both of them had taken time to dress up for this outing, unlike the rest of the overly casual patrons.( I wore the same set of clothes I wore at home)
I couldn't take my eyes of them.
Staring at this old couple, was like watching a Japanese tea ceremony.
They exude immaculate grace and class.
When they were ready to leave, I noticed the old uncle had taken the trouble to tidy up their rubbish on the table.

What a blessing to witness what the phrase"Aging Gracefully" truly means.

No comments: