Thursday, February 20, 2014

I received news that an ex-classmate of mine committed suicide in 2008.
My first thought was, "Why her and not me?" -( the very same eerie thought each time I hear news about senseless death.)
I shared this thought with a friend.
" I was this weird depressed kid in school. She was this happy-go-lucky popular girl. She's gone and I'm still here?"
I'm still wearing my disbelief face as I'm typing this.

I've been feeling rather blue ever since I heard that news.
I met LC during lunch and I shared my thoughts with her.
She told me that my 'homework' for this lifetime isn't done.
I need to learn and practice some 'lessons' before it's my time.
LC, a devout Buddhist student told me it's important that I learn to 'let go' the seeds of darkness in my heart.
"Everything starts with a thought.
Start with positive ones."

"Perhaps, that is your ultimate goal for this lifetime."

No comments: