Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Today I am surprised by two incidents.
Incident One.
At lunch, LC was gleefully sharing her frustration over a guy who wouldn't reciprocate her feelings.
“I’ve tried everything! Lunch invitations, outing invitations, occasional messages...He’s the perfect guy ! He had the right manners, intelligence, was easy on the eyes ...”
She threw her hands up in the air. She continued describing this prince charming of hers.
By the time, she was finished, she was playfully pouting.
I thought it was a very cute sight and I was laughing.
I’ve never seen this side of LC.
For the first time, she dared to confess her feelings over a guy.
For the first time, I’m seeing a very girlie, adorable high school version of LC.

Incident two.
YL told me she can’t make plans with me for dinner as she has to be home right after work to visit her brother in the hospital.
“OMG, is he alright?”.
“He has an infection due to dialysis.” I had to continue to ask her, “Dialysis? What’s wrong with his kidneys?”
By then I realised she didn’t plan to tell so much, but because of her earlier verbal slip, she was now somewhat obliged to.
As she continued to share her personal family struggles, I emotionally gasped at her brother’s hardship.
I hope I didn’t make her feel uncomfortable.

No comments: