Friday, July 06, 2007

The popularity of perfume is down to its feel-good factor - it can uplift and transform us. Smell is the most powerful of all our senses: it provides the quickest chemical responses in the brain and is closely associated with our emotions. Smells encountered in childhood can be lodged into the memory and reawaken years later. Often you'll be aware of the memory before the aroma which evoked it: you can find yourself involuntarily reliving an experience and not pick-up on the connection between the smell and the memory.
Source http://www.fuk.co.uk/history/fuk1/perfume.html


My favourite time of the day.
I was relaxing on bed, listening to the radio.
Then, I smelled it.
I couldn't point my finger to it.
What is it? Where have I smelled it before?
What is it reminding me of?
Why am I captured by this?

Then it dawned to me.
It reminded me of my stay at my aunty's home back in Penang, many many years ago.

If I could bottle this scent, I would name it STABILITY ; PEACE

No comments: