Sunday, July 22, 2007

I accompanied my sister to a shelter home.
I brought some chocolates and sweets.

There were only two of us.
A very energetic 8-year-old asked me,
"Are there more coming, and will they come again?"
My heart broke.
He's enquiring about people whom he hasn't met, but he's more interested to know if they're the type who will come again.

I sat there for a few minutes and saw another group of people stopping buy , giving generous offerings of groceries.

A few minutes later, another came.

I sat there, realising that the children doesn't lack food.

They lack attention.
Here, people just come and go.
Hardly any who would consistently be around them, paying attention to them, as individuals.

Oh Lord, please remind me of what I have wished for today.
Please remind me.

1 comment:

Vincent said...

i like this post. i learnt that the children lacked attention and not the material needs, no matter how poor they can be or insufficient food they might have. learning about loving the children is really, really something good to have.