Thursday, July 19, 2007

I have postponed this entry for a very long time.
It has been suggested on my mind several times but I dismissed the thought.

Now, I changed my mind.
I want to blog about it.

When I write, my mind focuses on the choice of words and flow of thoughts.
Little or none is on grammar and tense of the sentence.
Most of the time, when I'm done typing, I merely check spelling and that's it, click -*publish post* FINITO.

Therefore, I'm not surprised to find language rule mistakes when I reread my old posts.

Embarrassed-yes,
Sorry-no.

My approach towards writing has always been this way.
Back in college, I wrote an essay - Beautiful Sue -written on 24th http://teasips.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_archive.html

This essay was meant as an entry to join a contest. That's why I did it in a few minutes. I even got the names of the character mixed up when I repeated them later in the essay. Grammar mistakes were abundant.

My friend read it and took that as the core reference of my standard of English. I kept explaining to her that I can take a grammar test and even score better than her.
But all fell to deaf ears.
I didn't mind.
Until..................

The results of the final English term paper was out.
I was the only one in class to get an 'A'.
Most people will just let it go because it's really not that significant.
But that friend claims that there's something seriously wrong with the examiner, because she's got a 'B' and I an 'A'.
And she's seriously-note the emphasis ,considering to appeal for reexamination of the paper.
Yes, she said that to my face.
Repeatedly.


Can you believe that we are still friends?

No comments: