Sunday, July 15, 2007

I visited my father yesterday.
We've not seen each other for 2 months.
He's got a new hair cut.
I found him chatting with an elderly native Chinese couple.
Not only is my father Chinese-ed, he speaks with great flair.
Therefore, the couple thought my father must have been educated up to tertiary level.
My father let out a nervous snort and explain that he was never such.

My mind travelled.
I would immediately agree that my father is very intelligent.
He can recall the exact month and year of events that have taken place so long ago , that you wouldn't dare rebut.
He has great mathematical skill and talent of twisting one's sentence into something very manipulative or if you're lucky, simply funny.

But my father is hardly wise. - I'm sure you'd know the difference.

I see the same mal-used talent in my brother and sister.

I fear so much that the legacy also runs within me.

A curse of the family?

No comments: