Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"Myself"-asap.

This is what I had written back in the NST Life'n Times as requested by Ms Amry.http://cendolais.blogspot.com/2006/02/shareem-amry.html
--written on 29 March,2004
## @@ ##

This is my third month working in a news room. I was in general desk during the first two months and after that, I spent a month in Business Times. Now, I am feeling very fortunate that I’m given an opportunity to start fresh anew again in another department. I readily admit my ignorance in many matters and I really look forward to learn a lot from the features department.

I’m majoring in journalism. Having spent three months here, I quite regret my choice of discipline. I honestly think that journalism is not something we can learn from a book. As there is no use crying over spilt milk, I plan to do my best in my remaining degree program whilst keeping an eye for education opportunities in other field of discipline for my future self development.

Having said that, I don’t mean that journalism is an easy discipline. A copy of a daily newspaper requires numerous work of different expertise from all walks of life. Basically, it’s a compilation of the works from the cream of each field. Many times, I would feel that news writers are educators, be it of any field of reporting. At the end of the day, it’s all about condensing all the gathered information into a well presented manner where the readers can best benefit from it.

Perhaps I could best illustrate my point better if I use the metaphor of a new teacher in a classroom of bored students. The first task would be to gain the attention of the students, convincing them that her lesson is worth their time. Second, to render her lessons in a manner where they can best understand and benefit from it. And lastly, to leave an impression that the teacher had enjoyed the lesson as much as the students because then, the students would want more of where those come from.

## @@ ##

The title was, "Myself". Written asap. Only now that I realized, I might have ran out of the given scope.

No comments: