Monday, August 24, 2015

"Someone wrote in today, said she did not like my work. She said that I was attention seeking when I write about heartbreak or love lost. She asked me to write something different or she would read someone else who's more worthwhile.
I apologized to her. Told her that I am sorry that my words no longer resonate or move her. But I am afraid that I must disappoint her again - I am a selfish artist.
 The world may read my pieces but I still write for me. I write because I'd rather carve words on paper than on skin. I write because the world is cruel and I find solace in sentences and poorly written rhymes.I write because there are monsters in my head and these words are my only weapon.
  So I am sorry, but an artist does not change her brushstroke to please her audience. I think you're better off reading something more worthwhile."
Taken from iaremunyee

No comments: