Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My struggle with mental illness is out in the open.
The whole office knows.
I think it should matter, but it's the issue that least bother me right now.

Some better colleagues seem more caring and sensitive.
Two, even opened up and shared with me their own personal struggles.

Tzl teared up when she was narrating her story.
She is among the most capable staff in the office and I was in disbelief how little she viewed herself.
I tried to assure her.
"你已经做的够好. 很好.超好. 真的."
"You have done so well. Exquisitely well. Really."

I can't help but feel ashamed.
Tzl is fighting all these and yet she could achieve what she has achieved.

Then, I realised something.
I have heard similar praises about myself too.
But I always brush them off too fast, not even letting these validation to gravitate for a moment.

I think we all need to be kinder to ourselves. 
We need to look in the mirror and acknowledge that we have done 'OKAY'.

I like this photo of myself at work. My colleague wanted an artistic pic of the cake, but I somehow got into the shot in one of her failed attempts.

No comments: