Friday, March 30, 2007

Prozac Nation

Elizabeth Wurtzel’s Prozac Nation seems to be a compulsory read for the modern depressives.
I must say, although she doesn’t have much content, wait, she has NO content at all, she very much deserves the success of her book.

The book is very well written. Reading her memoir, one can tell that she is well read and has exceptional intellect.
Indeed one can’t be taught writing skills. I have read many poorly written books by academicians. They have essential content but it’s an ordeal to read.

I can’t help but wonder had Ellie underwent a different upbringing, what would she had accomplished?


A different route but I believe of similar or even greater significance.

The last line of her epilogue
‘Everyone who has experienced a severe depression has his own sad, awful tale to tell, his own mess to live through. Sadly Kurt Cobain can never get that far. Every day, I thank God I did.’

No comments: