Friday, October 22, 2010

my big clothes, my good friends


**This is a shirt I almost bought.Really liked the pattern but not suitable for formal wear>**

Psychiatric drugs make you fat.
That's a fact.
Since 2008, I've gained a stubborn weight of 10kg (at least!)
95% of my clothes don't fit me anymore.
For a lady in this 'skinny is pretty' era, that's an adjustment quite difficult to swallow.
Even most male patients STOP taking the medications due to the weight gaining side effects.
But like many other areas in my life, I have accepted it as part of me that can't be changed.

Now, I take great joy in purchasing XL clothes, as they are hard to find!
Oh, the joy of finding one that fits my budget, fashion and size!
It's very fulfilling. ^_^
And I'm glad that I feel this way because it shows that I have began to be comfortable with my new size.

Today I wore a new XL pastel T-shirt to work.
I liked the color very much as it's very feminine.
As usual, Mother had to give me my daily criticisms .
"Fat people like you shouldn't wear shirts like this"
Mother always had to remind me that I'm fat as often as mother's asking if their little kids have done their homework.
Apparently she's afraid that I might forget.
After a series of counselling, I finally learnt that I can 'shield' her hurting comments. So I ignored her and left for work.

When I reached the college, I still felt good. Not so much about the shirt anymore, but because I wasn't affected by that piece of criticism.

Michael Buble's FEELING GOOD, was playing in head.

4 comments:

TEFLian said...

Well done! Great that you weren't affected by that criticism. =) You are awesome for who you are, not who people want you to be. Love you! =)
Shirley

cendolic said...

thanks

Anonymous said...

Babes it is also important to be healty... Like they say u rather be fit now than paying the medical bills in the future ....
Remember u have to watch wat u eat also..

Elisha said...

Continue to shield yourself. It's something i have to learn myself.