Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I had a very fruitful tele-conversation with a friend last night.
She admitted to me that she no longer wants to waste time doing UNproductive activities.
"I want more in life, I've wasted too much time already."
I've heard many inspiring quotes before, but for some reason I can't fathom, I was particularly taken by her statement.

Methaphor=
I know what a strawberry ice-cream is.
I've seen it, tried it and it's advertised all over.
But when I heard my friend say, "I want some strawberry ice-cream!"
For some reason, I want it too!
It's not about the ice-cream.
Not even about getting the ice-cream.
It's about having the appetite for the ice-cream - alas!

Only people who had trouble eating would understand what joy it is to finally have found an appetite.
Even Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat Pray Love mentioned about finding her appetite in life.

No comments: