Sunday, June 17, 2007

Remember the quote,
"Everyone is ready to learn, but not always ready to be taught" ?

Well, I always enjoy seeking knowledge (like many), and am quick to admit my errors and shortcomings (unlike many).

BUT, what I truly dislike is when people correct me with the intention to boost their own ego under my embarrassment expense.
Oh, come on......... Don't you think we wouldn't know if your intentions are genuine? For a Miss-Know-It-All, don't you know the right way to communicate your intentions? (ok, this is way too dramatic)
Here I am, trying to have a conversation with you, and you interrupt me with the nitty-gritty ,opinionated , highly arguable details about my speech.
It's like, "I know this, and you don't....neh , neh , neh... "
Is your ego really that sore that you thirst for such fetish?

Sometimes, I want very much to retaliate and correct the perpetrator's mistakes. (who doesn't make them?)
But I thought,
"Don't do unto others, what you don't want others do to you."

So, I play the bigger person.

No comments: