Sunday, June 24, 2007

I went to the 7-Eleven to fax my application to a prospective employer.
The staff took copies of my application letter and proceeded with the transaction.
When she was done, she told me that only 5 of my 6 pages went through and asked me to call the company to see which one was missing.
I tried to call but no answer for I presume the company works half day or not at all on Saturday.

Upon looking at the fax confirmation slips, I realized only 3 went through. I tried to explain to the staff that this is not good, when she has charged me Rm5 for 3 papers which went through and worst, she doesn't know which didn't.

I requested her to redo the whole process because I didn't want incomplete application papers because it looks bad on me, especially when I'm trying to make an impression to my prospective employer.

She threw Rm2 at me and told me to fax again ELSEWHERE!

I was very shocked at her rude behavior as I was being exceptionally polite about it since it was her mistake that cause all this frenzy.

Her more polite colleague helped me redo the entire fax and charged me Rm6. By then, I have no strength left to argue about the Rm3 they owe me for the previous error.


While waiting for the second faxing process, I was still confused as to WHY was the Indian staff who did for me the first time reacted so badly when she made a mistake? I wasn't mad at her.

Then, it came to me. It was time for her to go home and I was perhaps delaying her.I guess I have to go somewhere farther away to fax in future.

*** I sent out four copies of a similar testimony above to the local newspapers and the 7-Eleven management itself. I feel good that I didn't lose my temper, and have chosen to react better compared before.

No comments: