Thursday, June 28, 2007

Marriage.

Due to the fact that I'm the offspring of the UNhappiest and CRAziest marriage ever, this word scares the hell out of me.

But still,
I believe that there are marriages that DO work out.
Marriages that ARE truly happy.

Back in college, I met an ex-schoolmate who then told me her plans to study this .. pursue this...
Then months later, BAM! Through email, she told me that she's already married and expecting a baby girl soon.
*calculating with fingers* Baby Hannah must be at least 5 years old now.

Just today, also via E-mail, a another peer told me she's already registered. So, she's also a married woman - legally.

W-O-W...........

I believe that once you're above 18 onwards, any age number is suitable for marriage.
As it's a personal matter, only your own personal timing will be the RIGHT timing.
There were several times I debatted with friends about the 'RIGHT' time.

All the age calculations, all the emotional 'insurance'.
Yes, all the criterias are very rational .

But nobody can calculate the one main ingredient that makes us want to marry.

Your love for your partner.
How do we calculate that?
No math genius can calculate the estimated appreciation and depreciation and the risks involves and the kind of insurance we have buy upon it.

I'm sure everyone really meant their wedding vows, everyone did hope that 'till death do us part'.
But in the end, we can't calculate the feelings for each other in the coming years ahead.

However, I remain surprisingly optimistic.
There are so many types of risk in life.
This risk of marriage is definitely worth taking.

No comments: