Monday, February 26, 2007

Ben

I suddenly thought of a childhood friend.
I would say he was my best friend back in Std 1.
He would have most certainly been my best friend had he not hailed from the opposite sex.
Back then, it was impossible. I couldn't handle the merciless and baseless teases from my friends.
He would call me everyday.
His calls made me very happy.
I 'm quite certain his call for me was my every first phone call.
He would sometimes even call to ask the silliest thing.
"Do we have to go to school tomorrow? Yes. Ok. Bye"
"Do we have any homework? No? You sure? Ok. Bye"

I remember he helped me many times.
He brought the complete art utensils for me one day.
How unfortunate that I didn't appreciate it.
I hurt his feelings.
I felt and still do feel awful.

Years later, we met in secondary school.
He was pleased to see me as I him.
We shook hands, then his group of friends pulled him away.
"You don't mix with this type."

Karma.
But till this day, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

No comments: