Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Open tht mouth

My mouth; my curse, my gift.

Many times of course, I have gotten into trouble because I opened my mouth at the worst possible times.
But there are times… exceptions do occur.

Was at Popular Bookfair. Saw a booth promoting magazine subscriptions.
Approached one of the salesperson. Just very nonchalantly told him about my current subscription with his company.
He gave me 3 copies of complimentary mags.

Was in a record store.
Wanted to buy two Cds. 1]Rm45.90 2]Rm 41.90
Although it was very obvious it’s a Nett-priced-kinda-store, I thought I’d just try my luck.
The guy unbelievably turned out to be the boss! He’s so young!
He gave me Rm80 for both.

Was in pasar malam (night market).
Was paying for a pair of shorts which I had bought a similar one weeks ago.
It was NETT price kinda deal.
So, I just complimented to the boss how comfortable the shorts are.
He asked, “Oh, you’ve bought one before?”
“Yeah, from you too.”
He gave me a Rm1 discount.

So, guys! Open that mouth!

No comments: