Friday, June 02, 2006

Money can't buy CLASS

Money can't buy good manners nor good personality.

I went to MalaysianToday office a few days ago to collect a little gift I won from one of their many contests.

That place was about 15mins walking distance from the Ampang Park LRT station.
I was relieved when I reached the doorstep.(It's an office renovated from a bungalow)
It was noon and I was sweating like an ice-cream.
Just as I was about to step foot into their air-conditioned office, a lady who was reparking her AlphaRomeo montioned me to stay where I am.

I was confused. The entrance was wide opened. I can see the reception area and a nice guest seating place.
Why is she motioning me to NOT go in?
I ignored her and went in and sat down.

3 mins later, the lady came in.
Asked me why I came in when she clearly didn't want me to.
I told her that I won something. ( I was deliriously incoherent due to the heat + walk).
"That's why I asked you to wait outside."

AlphaRomeo lady called the person in charge.
As I was waiting, my sense came back to me and I thought,
"What the f___k is this B_t_h's problem ah?"

All was compensated when I held the gift in my hand.

Next stop, post office.
I held the door open for the person behind me, instintively.
''Thank You."
I turned around and saw an Indian lady flashing a smile at me.
As I looked at her again, I somewhat concluded that she was there to collect recyclable items for her own interest and wasn't exactly financially comfortable.

But believe me, she ranks much higher than that AlphaRomeo lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some people just dont know how shameful they have made themselves into nowadays...