Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm wrong

I was playing with a few veteran badminton players.
They were giving me a few tips on how to improve my game.
Suddenly, my friend laughed.
"Aiyo, you are gripping your racquet wrongly!!"

Other veteran players observed and unanimously agreed/were amused I didn't even get the basics right.

My veteran badminton player-friends told me that once I have managed to grip my racquet correctly, my shots will dramatically improve.
I was thinking.
I've been holding my racquet this way for years.
Nobody ever told me that there was the way to hold the racquet.

I got scared. What I had believed to be true was actually blatantly WRONG.
I fear for more discoveries...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

interestingly, it adds more spice to life when we found out what the truth is, no?

::cryxtyn::

cendolic said...

Truth???... ha... as i continue to age, i wonder,,, WHAT IS TRUTH? can we handle the TRUTH? or just follow the 'safe to know' facts? and be blisfully ignorant?

Anonymous said...

ignorance is bliss eh?

::cryxtyn::