Thursday, February 25, 2016

Richard: Before my accident, you called me a drunk.
Bailey (voice breaking): I am so sorry. There has not been a day since that I haven't regretted--
Richard: You're right. I am a drunk.
Bailey: Sir...
Richard: I'm an alcoholic, which is why I'm here now instead of home. It's boring there, and lonely, and when I'm bored and lonely, I wanna have a drink. Hell, I wanted to have a drink when I'm happy, too.
I always want a drink, because I have a disease, and it can't be cured.
But it can be managed. But I can't do it by myself. I need help.
Accept that you have a disease, Bailey. Accept help.
We're all here for you when you're ready to get started. (Bailey takes one of her pills)

Stephanie (petting the sheep): I'm so sorry, little girl. We tried.
Meredith: Edwards, do you know how many dogs the Russians sent into space before a man walked on the moon?
Stephanie (voice breaking): Those poor puppies.
Meredith: Edwards, we are going to do a necropsy, and we are going to find out what went wrong. And then we'll try again, and we'll fail again, because that's what progress looks like.
Stephanie: Progress looks like a dead sheep.
Meredith: No, progress looks like a bunch of failures. And you're gonna have feelings about that because it's sad, but you can't fall apart. And then one day, we will succeed, and we will save a person's life. And we will walk on the moon. Figuratively, anyway. Are you with me?
Stephanie: Yeah.

I just realised that I often happen to watch Grey's Anatomy when I'm most depressed.

No comments: