Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday,
Walked out of the office to catch a short break, ( more like curi tulang)
Needed to buy Yoko Yoko to relieve my shoulder stiffness.
As the whole office area is very new to me, I had no idea where to go.
Strolled around aimlessly but cheerfully.

To my delight, I did found a pharmacy.
Opposite it, was a lottery shop.
Recalling the euphoria in the office about buying a certain numbers, I couldn’t resist but just went in and punched a few numbers.

As I walked out, I thought to myself, “Gambling is quite amazing really… it always gives hope to the gambler, no matter how senseless or illogical the situation is.”

I approached the church which I had always been curious about.
There were a few obvious church go-ers at the entrance door.
“Excuse me, I couldn’t help but notice… there’s a church here.
I work nearby and thought it’d be nice if I could join some church activities here.”
Then, I went on and on about being a holy Christian and what a humble and eager Christian I am.
I wasn’t bluffing.
I merely exaggerated.
Unintentionally.
I wanted them to see that I’m not kidding about paying them a visit.

That’s when it happened.
One of the church go-ers was staring at my hand.
The one which was holding the lottery ticket.

No comments: