Saturday, April 12, 2008

Isn’t it our memory system amazing?
Things which you thought you don’t remember anymore, suddenly just pops up like an online advertisement.
I was reading an article on history, when suddenly my mind retrieved an episode of my life.

“Yin Hun! Come here!”. I approached the teacher’s table.
Her voice mellowed, being aware that there were other curious students around.
“You know, when I saw this paper, I couldn’t believe it’s yours! I had to recheck the name twice.”
She paused, hoping for a response.
I had none to give but a shameful expression.
“You facing some kind of problems, is it? Boyfriend?”
I swallowed down my evoked emotions. I knew I better find an exit before I create a scene.
“I’m sorry, teacher. I’ll work harder next time,” and quickly rush to my seat and pretend that I’m unaffected the best I could.

You know what tickles me?
Till this day, people still ask me, “Boyfriend problem, is it?”
Men are just too overrated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha tell me about it...