Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My ex- colleague (copywriter) left these quotes especially for me.

For Hun

Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him. ~Aldous Leonard Huxley, Texts and Pretexts, 1932

No physician is really good before he has killed one or two patients. ~Hindu Proverb

Common sense is not so common. ~Voltaire

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think. ~Chinese Proverb

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got. ~Art Buchwald

I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork. ~Peter De Vries

Every writer I know has trouble writing. ~Joseph Heller

Every author in some way portrays himself in his works, even if it be against his will. ~Goethe

No man can climb out beyond the limitations of his own character. ~John Morley

Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures. ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr., Life's Little Instruction Book

No comments: