Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I left the house at 6 a.m.
Was at the office early to finish up work that was assigned during the weekends (my supposed rest days).
Before I could move on to the second assignment given during the weekends, was called to a meeting which last 30 mins.
As I was about to resume my work, was called again for a 2 hour brain-storming session.
During which I had to leave once to redo a copy in accordance to the whim of the client.
Rushed out to an appointment.
Came back, hoping to catch lunch.
But before I could even make a drink, was made to redo another copy TWICE.
After my 5 o’clock lunch, had to redo another copy.
Upon done, thought it was high time I start on the morning’s unfinished assignment.
But no, came in another NEW assignment.
Deadline – immediately. (they need to know by now this word doesn’t have an effect on me anymore)
Tried to work on it but my eyes were too sleepy.
Drove home like mad, fearing that I might doze off behind the wheels.
I had to bite my finger to stay awake.
Collapsed on the bed the moment I saw it.
Slept the second my body touched the mattress.
Two hours later, here I am trying to finish what I couldn’t.


I’m not complaining.
I don’t regret my choice.
But please, tell me… what’s wrong?

No comments: